Book Title: The Joyful Classroom: Practical Ways to Engage and Challenge Students K-6
Publisher: Center for Responsive Schools, Inc.
Author: Responsive Classroom
Students learn more—and with more joy—when lessons connect with their lives while challenging them to stretch and grow. In this book, you'll find practical, ready-to-use strategies for creating active and exciting lessons. You'll learn about:
- Partnering and grouping students for optimum learning
- Using interactive learning structures such as Maître d' and Swap Meets to support active learning
- Incorporating acting, drawing, debating, and more into daily lessons while still meeting rigorous learning goals
- Infusing lessons with choices in what or how to learn to increase students ownership of their learning
- Incorporating student self-assessment tools to help children monitor and evaluate their own work and identify ways to improve their learning
Filled with lesson plans, precise directions for interactive learning structures, planning guides, and more!